According to the March of Dimes, the preterm birth rate in the U.S. has increased for the second year, rising 2% to 9.8% in 2016. This year’s Premature Birth Report Card also reveals major disparities across demographics and regions. To highlight Prematurity Awareness Month, the Lehigh Valley is going purple during the month of November. Various companies will light their buildings purple:
- ArtsQuest Blast Furnaces; November 10-16, 20-23, and 27-30
- St. Luke’s Hospital and Health Network, Anderson Campus: November 10- 17
- PPL Building: November 17-21
- Geisinger Medical Center, Danville: Month of November
- Toyota of Scranton: November 13-17
Click here to view the 2017 Premature Birth Report Card. https://www.marchofdimes.org/mission/prematurity-reportcard.aspx?utm_sou...